Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Own Chicken Noodle Soup

4 chicken breasts
7 cups water
2 Tblspns chicken bouillion
1/2 tsp dried parsley, crushed
3/8 tsp dried thyme and rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp dried mint, crushed
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 large carrot, diced
1 large stalk celery, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
4 oz chow mein noodles

Bring to boil the water, bouillion, chicken and herbs.  Meanwhile, dice and add garlic and vegetables. 
When chicken is cooked through, removed and dice each breast and return to broth. 
Add noodles and cook until noodles are tender, this only takes a few minutes, so watch closely.

*I know the amounts of herbs are a bit odd, I just measured and added until I liked the flavor.
*Any noodles can be used, I just had the chow mein on hand and thought they were fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment